CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Introduction

Hi, my name is Linda Zhao. I'm currently a junior at Baruch major in Human Resource Management with a political science minor. I’m the only one among my friends who decides to major in a functional area other than finance, marketing, or accounting. So often times, I get questions like “why would you want to major in HR management?” My answer simply is because I like it. I love the idea of investing my time and energy on the employees aka human capital of a company which to me are the most important asset of any organization. After spending some time with senior recruiters and HR generalists at Citigroup and Merrill Lynch I knew this is exactly what I see myself doing. Most importantly, I think working in HR is very rewarding simply due to the fact that you have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives everyday. Last summer I worked as a HR intern at a magazine publishing company. It was my first intern experience in the field of Human Resource and working aside the HR coordinator was very exciting. Another thing about me would be that I worked as a freshman seminar peer mentor for two semesters at Baruch where I work with my own group of 20 students to help them adjust to the college environment. I can definitely say that was a great experience.

1 comments:

Wo Jun Feng said...

Glad to meet you too. :D Internship at a company sounds fun!